Roasted mediterranean vegan pasta sauce with whole-wheat penne
- 1 bag frozen Tesco Mediterranean vegetables.
- 2 table spoons tomato púree,
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic or garlic powder.
- 1 carton chopped tomatoes.
- 1 vegetable stock cube.
- 1 tea spoon dried oregano.
- 4 good handfuls of whole-wheat pasta.
DirectionsMethod: start pasta cooking in boiling water. Add olive to another pan and begin cooking the frozen vegetables. Once veg has softened, add garlic. Cook for a few more minutes then add tomato puree. Cook for a few more minutes then add chopped tomatoes. Bring to a simmer. Crumble in the veg stock cube and stir well then add the oregano and any salt and pepper to taste. Leave to simmer untill pasta is cooked to Al dente. Drain the pasta when ready.
This recipe will do 4 portions (2 dinners and 2 lunches). Split the pasta out evenly into bowls/containers and then equally top with the sauce. Top with your favourite grated vegan cheese (I use applewood smoked).
Follow cavton3000 On Instagram