Vegan Low Sugar Blueberry Cookies
Heres a great little treat
From sculptress Sue
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of agave or stevia
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- ½ cup almond slivers
- 1 cup blueberries I like to use dehydrated, no sugar added blueberries, but im really a chocolate girl
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine almond flour, salt , cinnamon and baking soda in a food processor. Process until fully combined. Pulse in shortening, sweetener and vanilla until dough forms. Remove blade from processor and gently fold in the almonds and blueberries by hand, being careful not to smash the berries. Scoop dough one level tablespoon at a time onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Press the dough down gently. Bake at 350ºF for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned.
Cool for 15 minutes on the cookie sheet (don’t try to take them off before this, they will fall apart). Store in the refrigerator.